Sunday, August 6, 2017

Inside the Park - Trenton Thunder Fan Fest

Whenever I visit a ballpark I carry a few first day covers to obtain autographs or the MLB Ballpark passport rubber stamp, as a souvenir of my visit.

Bobby Mitchell, Jose Rosado, Billy Fleming, Caleb Smith, Matt Marsh, Zack Zenner, Devyn Tolansky, Chance Adams, Mike Ford
Dante Bichette Jr, Caleb Frare, Gleyber Torres, Travis Hissong

Domingo German, Francisco Diaz, Billy McKinney, JP Feyereisen, Justus Sheffield, Yefrey Ramirez, Rashad Crawford

April 4, 2017 Arm & Hammer Park, Trenton, NJ
Trenton Thunder Open House
It was a rainy afternoon, but the plan was batting practice from 3-5, with a 1 hour autograph session to follow with the team. However fans starting lining up at Gleyber Torres table at 3:00 ignoring the limited batting practice. The talk for 2 hours was basically how many autographs could they get from Torres. The limit was 1. They all had their book of cards hoping to get as many as possible, I was just  looking for 1. I enjoy the fact that I can obtain several players at the same time on a single cover, which also always a spot for the MLB passport stamp, to commemorate my visit...

At 5:00 the players and coaches sat at 4 tables, with the only line being at Torres table. Regardless of the staff trying to persuade fans to line up at the other tables, few people moved. The lines moved fairly quickly and everything went smoothly...

5 comments:

  1. Raymond do you have an Official MLB or MiLB Pass-Port?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not. I like the idea of the book, but I like to obtain the passport stamp on the first day covers I collect. I can then add signatures or artwork to them

      Delete
  2. Ok thank you for the reply!

    I am the Author and Creator of the book and program which you are using. MLB, MiLB or the Atlantic League and ALL Teams DO NOT pay for the stamps ink pads books etc. I am an Official Licensee of those organizations which in legal agreement and signed contracts allows me to place those stamps at my cost and to sell books to support the program. I pay a hefty License fee plus royalties every year to those organizations. Anyone who does not have an official book is not entitled to a stamp. To put it bluntly if I dont sell books there will be no stamps. If you have a book you can stamp whatever item (s) you like but you must have a book at the time of stamping on your possesion at the ballpark to get one.

    I am sure you are/were under the assumption that the teams supplied the stamps etc..and you never meant to cheat the system, which is why I am reaching out to you. We offer an array of books for each stamping need at very economical prices. Our latest release is the “Validation” Pass-Port which holds up to 168 stamps for $15.95. You can find it at mlbballparkpassport.com as well as our other licensed products. It looks like it may fit your need and passion perfectly!

    Just so you know Its not fair to MLB, MiLB, the Teams, myself and the 1,000’s of fans who do purchase books to support the program , that you are using it for free. MLB MiLB ATL and myself have instructed the Teams not to let those who do not carry a book to get an official stamp on anything other than a licensed book unless they have a book.

    Raymond I hope you join the program would love to have you as a part of it! The support of the books is what makes the stamp possible and we want it to be available for years to come so all can enjoy.

    Respectfully,

    Tim Parks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your position, and will purchase a book at the next ballpark I visit. I was not aware of the guidelines of using the stamp for those in possession of a passport book. I look forward to continuing receiving the stamps in my book as well.
      Thank you for your response

      Delete
  3. Thank you! If you are on Facebook please join our group it is “BallPark STAMPeders” its a fun group fans post their stamps from ballparks around the country every night!

    ReplyDelete