Friday, March 15, 2019

Wilmington Blue Rocks - 1993


Wilmington Blue Rocks Inaugural Season - 1993
Advert in the Journal of Sports Philately March 1994, published by Sports Philatelists International for the 1994 Wilmington Blue Rocks pictorial commemorative postmark

The Blue Rocks began their history as the Peninsula Pilots ( Hampton, Va) and moved to Delaware. The team plays at Judy Johnson Field, Daniel S Frawley Stadium
Passport stamp from Frawley Stadium, scan from Hartriono Sastrowardoyo

3 comments:

  1. May I ask where you got the image of the Jan 25 Frawley Stadium baseball passport stamp? Was it from Flickr?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did find the image on the internet, although unsure of the site. I wanted to represent Frawley Stadium through the current MLB passport. I have not ye made it to Frawley, but hope to do so in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was my scan. It's on Flickr, Parkstamps.org, and possibly Tripadvisor. Could you credit me, Hartriono B. Sastrowardoyo? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete